Followers

Monday, 17 July 2017

Nautical Cigar Box

Hi there, I was given a few cigar boxes the other day, I never turn anything away I could up-cycle, 
so this is what I ended up with.

 Firstly i glued scrunched up tissue paper to the sides using PVA glue
  Glued on a few chipboard circles to the sides, a wheel charm to the front, I also changed the lock for a more suitable one,

The anchor is a wooden one and around the edges I cut out a corner die from Amy Design (Vintage Vehicles)
Then I covered everything with black gesso. 
Once dry I dry brushed with Finnabair patina effect paste.
I must say I really enjoyed playing with this box, and it feels good to have saved something from the rubbish and turned it into something beautiful, (well I think it is anyway).
I'm entering this in the following;
Simon says stamp  Get in shape
mixed media world Use natural materials
we love 2 create  Anything mixed media
more mixed media  Anything goes optional pastel
a bit more time to craft.  Anything goes
Hugs Debra

7 comments:

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar, good luck!!! Amy DT

Team Clark said...

WOW! So cool, great altering and lovely layers of color. Hugs, Autumn

Maura Hibbitts said...

What a great alteration! Love the blues and rusts and gears! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! Hugs, Maura

Irena Stefanova said...

What a lovely combination of colours, texture and embelishments....Love it! Thank you for linking to Mixed Media World Challenge #27 AMMG/Use Natural Materials.
Irena

Lucy said...

Just found this after your win on the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge. It is a great alteration of a cigar box. I love the nautical colors. And you are right, never throw away a cigar box.

Evelyn Quast said...

Love this! And the colors are fantastic! My Dad is always trying to give me these little boxes -- thanks for the idea!

Leslie Lineberry said...

Super cool little box - love how you altered it! Thank you for sharing it with us at Mixed Media World!