Followers

Monday 17 July 2017

Nautical Cigar Box

Hi there, I was given a few cigar boxes the other day, I never turn anything away I could up-cycle, 
so this is what I ended up with.

 Firstly i glued scrunched up tissue paper to the sides using PVA glue
  Glued on a few chipboard circles to the sides, a wheel charm to the front, I also changed the lock for a more suitable one,

The anchor is a wooden one and around the edges I cut out a corner die from Amy Design (Vintage Vehicles)
Then I covered everything with black gesso. 
Once dry I dry brushed with Finnabair patina effect paste.
I must say I really enjoyed playing with this box, and it feels good to have saved something from the rubbish and turned it into something beautiful, (well I think it is anyway).
I'm entering this in the following;
Simon says stamp  Get in shape
mixed media world Use natural materials
we love 2 create  Anything mixed media
more mixed media  Anything goes optional pastel
a bit more time to craft.  Anything goes
Hugs Debra

6 comments:

SewPaperPaint said...

WOW! So cool, great altering and lovely layers of color. Hugs, Autumn

Maura said...

What a great alteration! Love the blues and rusts and gears! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! Hugs, Maura

Irena Stefanova said...

What a lovely combination of colours, texture and embelishments....Love it! Thank you for linking to Mixed Media World Challenge #27 AMMG/Use Natural Materials.
Irena

Lucy said...

Just found this after your win on the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge. It is a great alteration of a cigar box. I love the nautical colors. And you are right, never throw away a cigar box.

Evelyn said...

Love this! And the colors are fantastic! My Dad is always trying to give me these little boxes -- thanks for the idea!

Unknown said...

Super cool little box - love how you altered it! Thank you for sharing it with us at Mixed Media World!