Followers

Monday 10 July 2017

Blue Christmas

Hi there, I've been working on a couple of cards over the weekend , thought I would share them with you, I've really taken to a bit of mixed media again at the moment, 
I painted my card with deep blue acrylic, once dry i used some crackle paste and dusted it with some distress ink. I then distressed the edges with my scissors. The topper is a stamp from years ago I bought it from The Stamp Man. Embossed with versamark and silver detail powder I then coloured it with Brusho's, once dry i filled the poinsettia flower with 3D Laquer, the stars are Tando's Creative that I gessoed and covered with glitter, ribbon from my stash and the Peace die is a Tim Holtz.


I'm really enjoying myself at the moment, my next card is still drying so i may pop it on tomorrow, 
I'm entering this in the following;
simon says stamp  Distress it
my time to craft Christmas in July
a vintage journey  All squared up
creative artiste mixed media  Anything mixed media
really reasonable ribbon Anything with ribbon

Hugs Debra

11 comments:

Jan said...

Fabulous card xx Jan

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous Christmas card in blue, Deb! Just love the look of the 3D lacquer and the crackle!!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at MTTC, good luck!!! Amy DT

Macarena said...

That's so cute. I love the shades of blue and the crackle banckground. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and Distress It with us! Hugs, Macarena

Ginny @ Polly's Paper Studio said...

This is a lovely card and a great addition to our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon. Hugs from Ginny at Polly's Paper Studio

Karen Letchworth said...

This is gorgeous, Deb! I love the soft blues. Thanks so much for sharing with us.
Karen L
Really Reasonable Ribbon

Julia Aston said...

I love the crackle you achieved for the background of this lovely Christmas card in blue Deb! The lacquer on your poinsettia adds wonderful depth and shine! Thanks for joining us in the A Vintage Journey Challenge! Julia xx

Andree said...

A fabulous card. Lovely background, colours and focal point.
Thank you for joining in with our July challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media and good luck x

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous crackle in the background, and I love the dimensional gloss of the petals. Thanks for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
Alison x

A Pink said...

Fabulous crackle background with such a lovely glistening shimmer - compliments the beautiful gloss of the poinsietta wonderfully.
Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey x

Ginny B said...

Love your Christmas blues - I like to use blue on Christmas cards, too. Yours is so beautiful. Very nice card.
:o)
Ginny B
homespuncards.blogspot.com